Thursday, March 12, 2009

Weird Bug that I'm fighting

I've been a little off my game, with a bit of busy, and a little bit of unwell. No harsh symptoms, just ' a bit off ', a random 12 hour sleep, and exercise became impossible due to 'sick person sweats'.

Now my metal faculties have cleared up, but sinuses are emptying goo and I can barely talk for goo.

I mean, I appreciated the mental clarity, but I am over the 'one tissue to every five words' ratio.

I wonder what the next step will be?

I'm in Sydney for the weekend doing website stuff, hoping I don't go through too many damn tissues. There are two parts - the data entry, and the design. I think it will be a data entry weekend due to my goo head. Talking to Pauly and LAJ about design while gooman seems foolish.

8 comments:

Jennicki said...

I hope you feel better soon! That's miserable. I should be embarrassed to admit this, but oh well--I use handkerchiefs instead of Kleenex/tissues when I'm sick because it's softer on your skin. It's so crappy to be sick AND have a sore nose due to nose-blowing.

I'm starting to come down with something, I think. I keep getting sneezing and coughing fits with watery eyes. Auggh.

Enough about me. I hope you feel better soon and it's an easy data entry weekend for you!

Ysambart said...

The fat pipe computers were all full so I created a facebook group on the macintosh lappy instead. It's a nice beasty, I hadn't used one before. The only foible is using apple-symbol instead of control. Other than tha, it's pretty much the same interface. I was last on a mac seriously back in system 8.0 in the middle 90's on my LC320 :)

Do you know why tissues are more uncomfortable? The folds that make the tissues fit in the box are machine folded, and use a petrochemical lubricant to make the folds work. The lubricant is roughly close to kerosene - so the redness is kerosene burn! When I have a terrible cold, I get a roll of toliet paper - it's softer and doesn't have the folds!

Ysambart said...

Man, it's 12.30. Sleep time!

Anonymous said...

Get well soon Bartman

Anonymous said...

Hey. I just had the same thing, for about a week. Lots of tissues, sudafed and beer.
Beer works, doesn't it?

Ysambart said...

I hope so. I also hope stuffed aubergine and champagne works. That's what I had for dinner. LAJ is an awesome cook.

Natalia the Russian Spy said...

Stuff the tissues gorgeous. Go the kitchen towels.

Flinthart said...

A cat can be useful, in a pinch. And they're self-cleaning.