Monday, August 9, 2010

Go Blarkon!

Over in Birmo's Brisbane Times column:

"Winning" at Democracy is about the highly effective organization of idiots. Religion is the ultimate idiot organizational tool. It forms them into relatively coherent groups that are easily led by those that are clever enough to be in on the joke. The religious get pandered to by politicians because pandering to the religious is a proven electoral strategy.

Impressively sharp comment from Blarkon. 

I do not believe that religious people are all idiots. My father is religious, and one of the smartest people you would meet. I do believe that this is how many of the parties see religious parties, as toys to manipulate and bribe. And manipulating this group is one of the key ways to get elected. I wish more people could think independently.

3 comments:

Moko 2.0 said...

People with agenda have been doing it since the dawn of faith ... in anything.

BennO's got my vote today.

Dr Yobbo said...

I wish it wasn't true and I wish it didn't work. But you watch.

Ysambart said...

I know it works. Thus the wish that people would think. I know, I know, I'm a hopeless dreamer.