Armour Decision Point Worksheet
· Silhouette – Half Plate armour
· Time period - 1400
· Geographical Area - France
· Historical Example – mixed depicitions
· Social Status – Country French Knight
· Leg suspension – c-belt
· Correct layers V your layers – not enough mail
· Weapon Fitout - SCA rule set compliant rattan long sword and rattan dagger
· My Compromises – faceplate, modern gorget, less mail, fuller leg articulation, less elbow articulation different gauntlets, leather gutters and thigh plates, wrong shoes.
Half Plate armour
France, with an Italian supplier
mixed depicitions - I have no known French heavy infrantry depiction for 1400s.
Country French Knight
Correct layers V your layers
Not enough mail, body armour should be over the fabric layer
SCA rule set compliant rattan long sword and rattan dagger
faceplate is a required peice for the SCA ruleset
modern gorget is supplemental to the missing mail
less mail - this kit should have more mail and less visible cloth
fuller leg articulation & less elbow articulation - swapped due to the availability at the time
different gauntlets - finger gauntlets illegal. These steel covered leather ones are incorrect for the kit
leather gutters and thigh plates - I choose leather gutters and thigh plates for a sports ruleset reason - If I have steel gutters (forearms) and steel thigh plates I cannot even notice correctly thrown shots I need to register as hits.
wrong shoes - I get consant injury with flat soled medieval shoes.